Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Picket Fence is Starting to Disappear!


The main veg garden is really growing now and outside the fence, the perennials are really taking off........tied up the sweet peas today, as well as the tomato plants in the raised beds. Rushed off to the local garden center for some sturdy tomato cages for the shrub ones.... but all and all...a rather slow (time to smell the roses) but beautiful sunny day. Bathed the Chief...and generally just relaxed.

No relaxing for this little one...high on alert...these seeds are all mine mine mine....allll mine! and...don't you get any closer.....

7 comments:

  1. Love the squirrel... we don't have any... or deer... or chipmunks... just rabbits... lots and lots of rabbits... Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of your garden (and of course the little rascal) It is so wonderful to have inside and outside gardens going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Bren, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I have enjoyed my visit here :-)

    Like the others, I love that squirrel shot but the one that has caught my imagination if the idea of your perennials completely hiding your white fence from the outside and as you walk in this area it is revealed as a surprise… very nice :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely envious of all the beautiful white fences and lattice. Is your husband the creator of these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great comments. Lovely to revisit the old blogs on this grey new October 1st day. Erin, thanks so much for exploring the blog. Yes, my husband is the creator of the fence and trellis and the summerhouse. I make the plans, and I supervise ;-) Must post some before and after photos some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see before and after photos. You and he are a great gardening team. Wow. I would love to shadow you and see how it's done. Everything looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete