Monday, May 10, 2010

Fields of Tulips on PEI



Lucy Maude Montgomery described her beloved Prince Edward Island, in jeweled colors of Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire. Judging by the vibrant fields of tulips we visited on Mothers day weekend growing at Pownal, the description could expand to include gold, garnet, amethyst and diamond. From the highway to the shore, rows and rows of tulips shimmered and glowed in the sun.

Vanco Farms, situated on P.E.I. grow potatoes AND tulips. This is their big season, when moms like myself keep fingers crossed...nothing says spring and I love you, like flowers. Thanks Vanco and dear friends, for my Mother's day field bouquet xo .

4 comments:

  1. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT PEI! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. HOW FAR FROM YOU BRENDA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a five hour drive away. It is well worth a visit..just beautiful and now that you have the new truck...come and visit!!

    ReplyDelete