Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!


There is no better way to enjoy Canada Day, than attending a Citizenship Court and participating in the celebration of folks becoming New Canadians. There are usually lots of tears, lots of smiles and loads of congratulations and joy. There is always cake!!


A mountie is always in attendance, and often the flags are trooped in by the local veterans. I remember one man from Cuba, who cried and cried, he just couldn't stop he was so overcome with joy at becoming a new Canadian. That, I will never forget. So if you get the chance to attend a Citizenship Court...and they are always free...go along and support and encourage our New Canadians; they will be so pleased by your welcome.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate your country by welcoming new Canadians. I love your insightful approach Bren. Thank you so much for sharing.
    I often witness people in the U.K resenting new citizens, so this for me is really heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea!! This would be a wonderful thing to experience.

    ReplyDelete